Thursday, October 07, 2004

Intervals

Well, managed to get out of bed at 5:30am to get over to North Chatswood for intervals this morning. I'd complain about getting up so early, but Mister G managed a 4:15am start to get over there by 5:50am, so I can't, really.

I tried the interval mode on the Garmin, with mixed success. The GPS plotting isn't fantastic over the shorter distances, and Rotary Field is a fairly bushy setting. Don't think I'll bother with it there in future. The mode itself is very good, with it measuring out the distance and then giving the pre-set rest time - it's just the GPS aspect that compromises it.

So, ran 3 laps as a warm up, 8 x 400m with a minute rest inbetween, then a gentle 2 laps to finish. Felt a good solid session, despite legs that are still fairly sore from Tuesday. I'll put up some times when I get a chance, but including warm up and cool down it was 5.434.km in 21:30 or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home