Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Tuesday morning intervals

Managed to get down to North Chatswood this morning for my first attempt at the 15 minute 30 sec sprint/30 second jog session. Went pretty well, although I felt like I was in bottom of a hole I couldn't get out of at about the seventh repeat - "How can there be eight to go!?!".

The session is mercifully short, though, and the 30 seconds seems to pass very quickly, both in sprint and jog mode. The interval mode on the Garmin can be quickly set up for this session, and you will consider smashing your watch as the seven second warning at the end of the rest period comes up AGAIN!

Haven't seen the full numbers yet, but not counting the 30 second jogs I covered over 5km for the session, including the 1.3k warm up and 1.3k cool down. I'll have a look this evening and post the numbers.

Tomorrow is mid-week long run in the morning with recovery 10.5k in the evening (run to and from work, in other words). Forecast top is 34, so the evening run will be fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home