Thursday, October 21, 2004

Damp Thursday intervals...

...well, underfoot, anyway, and to be frank, nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. There was a little debris (mostly sticks and leaves) on one corner at Rotary Field, and the section nearest the buildings was waterlogged, but overall it was fine. It was a little warmer than expected, and quite humid.

Got through the usual 3 lap warm-up, whereupon Mister G appeared and then managed 400 metre repeats of 77.66, 77.92, 79.62, 78.01, 78.25, 78.85, 80.20 and 80.05, with a two lap warm down. I felt a bit sore in the quads and this seemed to manifest in a lack of power from about the third repeat, and I was starting to battle with the last two - the damp surface no doubt not helping.

I was thinking last night, I've run in the rain more times this week than I have in the 2 3/4 years I've been running....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home