Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hot Rep

Ducked into Chapel Hill Park, just off the Western Freeway, on the way home for a few 'experimental' shorter reps. Experimental for a few reasons:
- I'd not run there before, so had no idea of the surface condition. It was actually pretty decent, and not too hard despite a near complete absence of rain for a few months
- I had a feeling I could set up reps of around 400 metres in a straight line if I went diagonally across the three rugby/soccer grounds and cricket oval. Went pretty close, think around 360-370 metres
- I wasn't sure if I could get a little session before the soccer kids started practice. They were starting to mass as I left
- I'm not fit, so I knew there wouldn't be many reps, and they would suck.

I did a short warm up, and then four reps. The first and third reps were into a pretty strong wind, and were pretty ordinary, the second and fourth not so bad. Did a little cool down, and went home. Very warm conditions, around 35 according to the car, but at least the humidity was down.

My hip/back was pretty grumpy initially but seemed better after the session, and seems okay right now. Plan is to swap between longer reps up at Bielby Road and this session, and gently build the number of reps up, just to see how the back responds.

The cardio won't go astray in any event.

Tomorrow's challenge - commute across Brisbane by bicycle. Done it before, the tricky bit is working out how to get home without using Sandgate Road or Gympie/Lutwyche Road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home